Yoonsoo Pang, Ph. D.
Director of Chemistry Concentration, GIST College
Associate Professor, Department of Chemistry
Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology
324 Dasan Bldg.
123 Cheomdangwagi-ro, Buk-gu
Gwangju 61005, Republic of Korea
- Ph. D. in Chemistry, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (2007, Advisor: Dr. Dana D. Dlott)
- M. S. in Chemistry, Seoul National University (1998, Advisor: Dr. Myung Soo Kim)
- B. S. in Chemistry, Seoul National University (1996)
- Director of Chemistry Concetration, GIST College & Vice Chair, Department of Chemistry (2019-present)
- Associate & Assistant Professor, Department of Chemistry (2013-present)
- Assistant Professor, Department of Physics and Photon Science, Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology (2011-2013)
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Chemical Sciences and Engineering Division, Argonne National Laboratory (2010-2011, Advisor: Dr. David M. Tiede)
- Postdoctoral Scholar, Department of Chemistry, University of California, Berkeley (2007-2010, Advisor: Dr. Graham R. Fleming)
- Lecturer, Department of Chemistry, Korea Military Academy (1998-2001)
- “Homogeneous Silver Colloidal Substrates Optimal for Metal-Enhanced Fluorescence”, Daedu Lee, Jaebeom Lee, Junghyun Song, Myungsam Jen, and Yoonsoo Pang, Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys." 21, 11599-11607 (2019). *back cover
- “Surface State-mediated Charge Transfer of Cs₂SnI₆ and Its Application in Dye-sensitized Solar Cells”, HyeonOh Shin, Byung-Man Kim, Taehyung Jang, Kwang-Min Kim, Deok-Ho Roh, Jung Seung Nam, Jeong Soo Kim, Un-Young Kim, Byunghong Lee, Yoonsoo Pang* and Tae-Hyuk Kwon*, Adv. Energy Mater. 9, 1803243 (2019).
- “Ultrafast Intramolecular Proton Transfer of Alizarin Investigated by Femtosecond Stimulated Raman Spectroscopy”, Myungsam Jen, Sebok Lee, Kooknam Jeon, Shafqat Hussain, and Yoonsoo Pang, J. Phys. Chem. B 121, 4129-4136 (2017).
- “Metal-Enhanced Fluorescence: Wavelength-Dependent Ultrafast Energy Transfer”, Jaebeom Lee, Sebok Lee, Myungsam Jen, and Yoonsoo Pang, J. Phys. Chem. C 119, 23285-23291 (2015).
- “Unusual Relaxation Pathway from the Two-Photon Excited First Singlet State of Carotenoids”, Yoonsoo Pang, Garth A. Jones, Matthew A. Prantil and Graham R. Fleming, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 132, 2264-2273 (2010).
- [Feature Article, Cover] “Hydrogen-Bond Disruption by Vibrational Excitations in Water”, Zhaohui Wang, Yoonsoo Pang and Dana D. Dlott, J. Phys. Chem. A 111, 3196-3208 (2007).
- “Vibrational Energy Transfer Across a Reverse Micelle Surfactant Layer”, John C. Deàk*, Yoonsoo Pang*, Timothy D. Sechler, Zhaohui Wang and Dana D. Dlott, Science 306, 473-476 (2004). (*equal contribution)
- The Distinguished Lectureship Award, The Chemical Society of Japan (2013)
- Merck Analytical/Physical Chemistry Fellowship, Merck & Co. Inc. (2005-2006)
- Student/Postdoctoral/Young Investigator Award, NIST (2005)
- Pre-doctoral Fellow, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (2002-2004)
- Development Fund Scholarship, Seoul National University (1998)
- ADVISORS AND COLLEAGUES